Information for Tenants
Choosing student accommodation can be an exciting time in your life, Tetris will make it a pleasurable one…
Ensure you choose the right place to call home for the next few years and don’t give yourself a headache renting a substandard property.
Tetris UK do everything possible to help you make the best decision at this very important stage of your life.
We are able to offer Inclusive packages on a number of our properties to make student life a little easier to manage.
See our small guide below for some essential requirements to consider for when renting a student property with Tetris UK.
Things to consider
- The minimum number of bedrooms required for your household size
- Preferred location (close to work, university, good access to bus/tram routes or shopping)
- Rental budget excluding / including utility bills
- Do you require parking or a garden?
- When looking for a property for the next academic year we suggest you start viewing as soon as possible.
- It’s a good idea to start looking for a property as early as November to be able to find the best accommodation for the following September.
- Viewings will always be arranged at times to suit you and you will be accompanied by a member of staff who can give advice and answer any questions you may have.
Once you have decided on a property you will have to pay a retaining fee to hold the property, this will then become your deposit when moving into the property.
Students will pay £300 each on the basis that they can provide a UK based guarantor.
All residential deposits are 1.5 month's rent (monthly rent £500 deposit will be £750) and all deposits are registered with the DPS.
Tenancy Agreements Periods
The tenancy term for students is 11 months but can be adapted to suit where ever possible.
This is a Fixed Term Assured Shorthold Tenancy.
The friendly, experienced staff at Tetris UK Sales and Lettings are here to help with any enquiries, both before and after you agree to rent through us.
If you still have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us.